- Women's autobiographies, biographies, memoirs
- Books of any genre authored by local women
- Children's books (fiction and nonfiction) featuring empowered, female lead characters
- Sign up your workplace or civic group as a participating organization to collect books. Email library volunteer Jack Porter to learn more.
- Donate books yourself. Consider donating used books from your own collection, check out our Amazon Wishlist (and order using Amazon Smile), or visit our local participating book store My Favorite Books.
- Help spread the word about the book drive and refer a friend to participate.
$3 covers the cost of one end of group "personal reflection" gift including a journal, pens, and personalized note for one local teen girl who completes the Girls Circle program
$12 provides safe transportation for one girl to attend one field trip where she will spend time with an outstanding woman role model in the community as part of Girls Can Do Anything! Summer Camp
$35 funds one individual counseling session for one woman to meet with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to help her reach her goals
$50 buys one dinner for 15 mothers and children while they attend the weekly Single Mother Support Group
$100 covers the cost of one special event for up to 20 Single Mother Support Group participants for Mother's Day, winter holidays, or back to school
$150 provides one scholarship for one girl who would not otherwise be able to attend Girls Can Do Anything! Summer Camp
$500 supplies the materials for up to 1,000 local elementary school students to participate in the Trailblazers in Schools initiative, bringing local Women's History to the classroom